• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PM TO JOIN Picking up the Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Cal Jeth

The Lion King
Member
Messages
13
Likes
19
Points
3
Cal considered everything he'd just been told. He'd been given some insight into Matthias' and Raine's psyches, by being given a bit of their histories, and having had their own joining of this crew, this ship, this family. It almost seemed to Cal that the Force was drawing all these people together...bringing them from different corners of the galaxy, assembling them here, in the Unknown Regions...it was as though the Force itself was keeping all of them alive in spite of the attempts of the servants of the dark side, who'd managed to not only seize power in the Known Regions, but had also almost completely obliterated the Jedi Order.

Glad that Raine and Matthias had opened up to him somewhat, making him feel a little more at ease, despite his very recent arrival here on the Orion, Cal stood and stretched his back. "Well, we don't have anything pressing at the moment, and you've both offered to give me a tour of the ship. What do you say we do that now? We can end up at the mess hall; it'll be time to eat soon. A nice jaunt through the ship will eat up that time very nicely."
 

Raine

Wild SGM
Staff member
Site Admin
Messages
759
Likes
229
Points
43
"Sure thing," Raine replied casually, flipping the Arkanian an appreciative smile. Sitting around her quarters would only make her feel lazy and unproductive, and the last thing the Jedi wanted now, was to feel unmotivated. "That's actually a very good idea, thank you - Cal. Would you care to escort us around, Matthias? You probably know the Orion better than anyone else - except perhaps Davin." If it sounded like Raine was buttering up the former GAR trooper, it is because she was. There was this nagging feeling, somewhere in the back of her mind, that the last thing Matthias Jayne needed now - was to be left alone and to his own devices. No, he might never have admitted it, but the man needed to have his friends about him. Force knows, if they let him go off on his own right now, he would likely lock himself in his quarters and open up a bottle of booze - then down it indiscriminately and quickly. Although Raine could not smell any alcohol on his breath presently, it did not mean that she wouldn't, later on. Maybe if the two of them kept Matt busy, he wouldn't have to reach for that crutch that Raine secretly abhorred.

"So," she pulled a clean overtunic out of her closet and put it on without blinking an eye. "What say you, Jayne? After all, you wouldn't want me to be galavanting about this enormous ship, getting lost and dragging our newest addition into forbidden places now, would ya?" she punctuated that last phrase with a playful wink.
 

Matthias

Walking Weapons Arsenal
Staff member
Loremaster
Messages
284
Likes
65
Points
28
Matthias just chuckled as Raine roped him into assisting with the tour. "Sure, I have no problem coming along for the tour. Keeps me away from the be...the paperwork in my quarters." He knew exactly what he would do once he got back into his quarters for the night, and he hated it. But it helped him forget what was in his head, if only for a little while. Gathering his pad, he stood up to head over to his quarters and drop the thing off.

"I'll be right back."

He shot out the door like a bullet from a gun, disappearing into his quarters. He sat the pad down on his desk - and looked at the large brown bottle of ale sitting there, waiting for him to open it. It called to him, singing it's siren song of oblivion, begging him to open it up and start the trip that would end with him passed out in a stupor until morning, where he'd take two painkillers and start his day. The same he has been doing for the past few months. He stepped up to the desk, his hand reaching out for the bottle before he stopped himself. Every cell in his body screamed for the release in that bottle...but he withdrew his hand. He knew Raine probably didn't like his method of escape. He'll hold off on it for now. He instead grabbed a hooded sweatshirt and returned to Raine's quarters.

"Alright, I'm ready to go. Where to first?"
 

Raine

Wild SGM
Staff member
Site Admin
Messages
759
Likes
229
Points
43
GM Post: We are sitting at 10 posts each; 2 more posts for each character and we are going to close the thread and award character sim rewards. Do NOT reply to this post OOC-ly; it is merely the GM jumping in to let you know how far you have come.
 
Thread starter #5

Cal Jeth

The Lion King
Member
Messages
13
Likes
19
Points
3
Cal smiles as the former GAR trooper returns, ready for the trek through the Orion. "Far be it from me to make any such decisions; I've only just arrived. I know next to nothing out what is, I'm presuming, our new home. I'll defer to you both."

The young Jedi was actually willing to walk the entire ship, provided it didn't interfere with times scheduled for learning or other activities; heck, he was still trying to get a handle on what all was happening, and when. He stretched his tall, strong body, then resettled his black cloak around himself again. "
You know," he added, a somewhat wistful note in his voice, "all that time I was running from the Empire, doing my best to survive, and to train in the Jedi Arts, I often daydreamed of something like this. I mean, a ship that traveled around, staying in motion, which makes it easier to remain safe. Sometimes, I even dared to dream of a ship approaching maybe half this size, dedicated to the training, protection, and missions of a new generation of Jedi, crewed by people who actually gave a kark about us, and knew better than to believe the filth spewed by the Emperor about the Jedi Order. A place from which we could, eventually, launch a coup against that wrinkled old kark, and return the government to the people." He looked around his surroundings, a small smile crossing his lips. "I get that this may never reach the size to successfully pull off something of that magnitude, but that might not matter now. Here, we have what may be an even bigger threat to neutralize. That being the case, perhaps the Force itself has drawn us all here to do what we can to help these people."
 

Matthias

Walking Weapons Arsenal
Staff member
Loremaster
Messages
284
Likes
65
Points
28
Matthias smiled as he listened to Cal go on about his dreams, and he felt a slight connection with the man. After Order 66 happened and the Republic he grew up in and loved - along with a young woman he had fallen for, was taken from him, he wandered aimlessly for a long time. Taking up bounty hunting had just been something to keep him occupied, to right a few wrongs in the Galaxy since the biggest one - the fall of the Republic and the Jedi Order - were beyond him to right.

"I myself wandered aimlessly for a while, losing myself in a bottle for a while after the Fall of the Republic and the Jedi. I spent a lot of years on the cesspool of the galaxy called Nar Shaddaa, taking any bounty contract I could get. It was only a chance encounter I had that united me with this group. Here, I have a chance to fight and protect the very ideals and freedoms the Republic protected. Yes, it may be a little bit different than the Republic, with the Royal Family and the Highbornes and what not, but here is a fight I can understand. A simple one, for a simple soldier like me. We are the good guys..." He pointed at himself, Raine, and Cal before gesturing to the rest of the ship. "...and they - the Rakata - are the bad guys. And they make a very satisfying thump when they hit the floor."

He stopped, realizing that he wasn't really making any sense, and just smiled. "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. Any who would remove that right from those not convicted of a crime, deserve to be fought. And if I can do so, then I will do so, and I will protect the innocent until my dying breath. And I'll shut up now since I think I completely derailed the conversation."
 

Raine

Wild SGM
Staff member
Site Admin
Messages
759
Likes
229
Points
43
Raine's nose wrinkled as Matthias alluded to his life and times on the infamous 'Smuggler's Moon'. She had spent some little time there in the past, but it was nothing to write home about. In short, the planet was bearable but not her ideal vacation spot - as in, it had its uses. If you ever wanted to find a good bounty hunter or mercenary to help you get something done - you came to Nar Shaddaa. And you better brought a very hefty purse along with you, for your trouble!

The conversation shifted to the current situation they found themselves in - the war with the Rakata - and the fight for the sovereignty of the whole Albion Cluster. "So yeah, I agree with Matthias over here," she chimed in, smirking as Jayne effectively told himself to be quiet. "And the best place to start getting ready for this fight, is learning to get to know one's vessel. So, Captain Jayne?" the Jedi teased him with a wink. "Care to give us a brief tour? I promise I won't touch anything unless Cal touches it first..."

She got up and off the floor, pausing to stand by the doorway. "After you then, gentlemen," she gestured with a sweep of the hand, motioning toward the hall outside. Hopefully her action did not come across as if the young woman was kicking them out; though truth be told, she needed them to leave so she could secure her quarters with a new pass code - for future considerations - so to speak.
 

Matthias

Walking Weapons Arsenal
Staff member
Loremaster
Messages
284
Likes
65
Points
28

Matthias smiled at Raine ushering them out of her quarters. It was getting a bit cramped with the three of them in there. So he walked back out, heading down the short hallway, heading past Lana's quarters and his former quarters before stepping into the main hallway that runs the length of the deck. He would wait for the others to join him, then gesture to the bow of the ship.

"To my right, is the Captain's Launch and it's launch bay. Think it's more Davin's personal craft, not entirely sure." He then turned to gesture further along the deck. "Deck 4 is home to several of us, including Davin and Callista, along with Lana and Xadao. Further down, in Compartments D7 through D10 are Barracks for my Marines. Past them are the Refresher blocks and showers. Past those, are the mess halls, laundry and sanitation, and the Deck 3 Kitchen. Way at the ass end of the ship, is engineering. But you have to change decks to get to it I believe. Haven't actually been there."

He turned to face the others after gesturing down the ship, not really sure what to do next. "Anyplace specific you'd want to visit?"
 
Thread starter #9

Cal Jeth

The Lion King
Member
Messages
13
Likes
19
Points
3
Cal's eyes followed every place Matthias points out; he looked down the corridor as Matthias indicated where his Marines are quartered. When asked where specifically he'd like to go, Cal spoke up immediately. "I want to meet the Marines. Perhaps not right now, but soon. As time permits, I want to train with them. I heard a lot of stories about the bond that formed between a lot of the Jedi and the troops they commanded. If I'm going to fight side-by-side with them, I need to learn how they do things. I need to earn their respect. And, I know they have a lot they could teach me."
 

Matthias

Walking Weapons Arsenal
Staff member
Loremaster
Messages
284
Likes
65
Points
28
Matthias listened to Cal list his reasons for wanting to train with the Marines...and a thought formed in his head. He led the group towards the port side barracks, where he could see members of Second Platoon winding down for the day. Some of them were reading at the tables of the common area, others were heading back and forth between the showers and the barracks. It was the second group that was to cause a little...scene.

A male Marine in just a towel was chasing a female Marine...also in just a towel. They appeared to be having a grand ol' time chasing and cavorting away - at least that's what their giggling and laughter made him think. It was when they weren't paying attention and she ran face first into Matthias' chest and ended up as a heap on the floor that they stopped. The Marines finally noticed Matthias as the Platoon Sergeant got to his feet. "Attention on Deck!"

The Marines snapped to attention as Matthias helped the young female Marine to her feet. Thankfully the towel stayed in place - for the most part. "Ouch, it was like a ran into a bulkhead...sorry sir." She tried to snap Matthias a salute but only succeeded in almost losing her towel. "You alright Private Gesell?" She simply nodded as the man that was chasing her stopped and was standing at attention. Matthias looked at him, then looked at Private Gesell, then at the other Marines. "Stand easy Marines, just giving our newcomer a tour of the ship. Even though he got more then he was expecting thanks to Private Gesell here." Some laughs could be heard from some of the Marines as Gesell started blushing up. Matthias turned and smiled at the two in the towels.

"Carry on Marines." They gave their Captain a smile and a salute before heading for the bunks, their laughter only a little more subdued this time. Continuing the tour, Matthias started speaking to Cal. "These are a fine bunch of young men and women, with a levy of older hands to pass on their experiences. Their training is coming along nicely, even with the occasional mishap. Another few months and I'd gladly lead my Marines to Hell and back. The only thing they're missing right now, is an XO."

He stopped, and watched his men and women relaxing after a day spent training. His hands were clasped behind his back and he could feel pride swelling up in his chest as the progress they had made. They were good soldiers all of them, and good people on top of it. He wanted to ask Cal something, but didn't know how to go about it...so he decided to be what he was best at. Blunt.

"Tell me Cal, have you ever led any troops in battle, or commanded others while in combat?"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.